EFFECTIVE DATE: APRIL 05, 2016
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of the Services require us to know who you are so that we can best meet your needs. When you access these Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies (or could be used to personally identify) you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, without limitation, some of the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as your e-mail address and phone number); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your zip code, and age); (3) your billing information; (4) your medical history, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us), (5) information concerning your consumption of alcohol, drugs and/or other intoxicants, (6) your family’s medical history, (7) lifestyle choices you have made or plan to make, and (8) other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation, unique identifiers such as passwords, and personal information that you send to us. You may still access and use some of the Services if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Information, but the features of the Services that require your Personal Information will not be accessible to you. We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent and share this information with our business partners in order to provide the Services to you and as otherwise set forth herein.
B. TRAFFIC DATA
a. We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information, including Personal Information and Traffic Data, when you use and interact with the Services, such as:
- When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services and through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information that lets us know when you are logged on and available to receive update or alert notices;
- Through cookies, web beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below;
- When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us; and
- We also may collect information about you from third party sources.
4. TRACKING TOOLS AND “DO NOT TRACK”
A. TRACKING TOOLS
The Tracking Tools that we may use and how we may use them include:
- Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information about your use of our Services, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to monitor how many people are using the Services or opening our emails, and for what purpose.
- Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Services, including, for example, to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type into the Site. These website analytics services generally do not collect Personal Information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Services easier to use and as otherwise set forth in Section 6 (Use of Information).
B. HOW WE RESPOND TO BROWSER “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website operator elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the website operator may refrain from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including Checkup & Choices, do not take action to respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
C. OPTIONS FOR OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) allow you to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept our Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Services. Please note that opting out does not mean that we are no longer using Tracking Tools — we still may collect information about your use of the Services even after you have opted out of allowing Cookies.
5. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF MINORS
The Services are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age and they are prohibited from using the Services. Checkup & Choices does not knowingly collect any information from minors, nor are the Services directed to minors. By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a minor under age 18, we will use that information only to respond directly to that minor (or his/her parent or legal guardian) to inform the minor that he/she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information.
6. USE OF INFORMATION
We use your information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services to you and to help improve them, including to:
- provide you with the products, services and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- provide, maintain, administer or expand the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- notify you about certain resources we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- send you information about Checkup & Choices or our products or Services;
- contact you when necessary or requested;
- customize and tailor your experience of the Services;
- send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences; and
- prevent, detect and investigate security breaches and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- We may use information that is neither Personal Information nor PHI (including non-PHI Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) for any reason at our sole discretion.
7. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose certain information that we collect from you as follows:
- As set forth in the Terms of Service.
- We may share your Personal Information and Traffic Data with our business partners who perform core services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage or security) related to our operation of the Services and/or by making certain features available to our subscribers.
- We may share your Personal Information and Traffic Data with our business partners who perform the Website analytics set forth in Section 4(a) (Tracking Tools).
- We may transfer information about you, including your Personal Information, to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of Checkup & Choices (whether in whole or in part). When one of these events occurs, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
- We also may need to disclose your Personal Information or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property or safety of Checkup & Choices or another party; (3) enforce the Terms of Service or other agreements with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- We may disclose information that is neither Personal Information nor PHI (including non-PHI Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) for any reason at our sole discretion.
- We store and process your information on our servers in the United States. We may store all information indefinitely.
8. PUBLIC INFORMATION
Any information that you may reveal in a review of the Services on the Site or on any other websites may be shared by us in an anonymous manner that will in no way be attributed or traceable to you.
9. STORAGE AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
10. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered subscriber of the Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. If you wish to close your account, please email us at email@example.com. We will delete your account and the information in your account as soon as reasonably possible. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to retain information from closed accounts, including to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce the Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law. You must promptly notify us if you become aware that any of your account data is lost, stolen or used without permission.
11. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
13. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we may have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as provided in below (see Contact Us).
14. CONTACT US
Checkup & Choices LLC
9426 Indian School Road NE, Suite 1
Albuquerque, NM 87112